Traffic Control Maintainer-Draper, UT Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Draper, UT 84020, US
Laborers and Production Workers
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions.
- Work varying shift schedule. Hours of operation: days, swings, nights.
- Setup/and or assist in setting up traffic control on City streets
- Setup/and or assist in setting up traffic control on highway roads
- Layout/ and or assist in laying out for roadway paint
- Communicate with flaggers regarding traffic on the job site.
- Direct traffic using the appropriate signs.
- Work to ensure the safety of pedestrians and material drivers going to and from the job.
- Other duties as assigned per supervisor.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instruction.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software preferred.
- Basic knowledge of today’s technology (Ipad, Cell Phone, Emails) is preferred.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Valid Traffic Control Maintainer certification
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred.
- Previous related experience in the construction field preferred.
- Two years of experience preferred.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Staker Parson Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.