Truck Driver Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hermiston, OR 97838, US
Wage Scale for Position: $23-$29.50/hr DOE w/ potential for overtime.
Note: Wage scale for position is the full wage scale an individual can make based on performance, experience, and seniority throughout their time at the company.
- Home Every Night!
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with Roth option & 5% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- 9 Paid Holidays (8 Static and 1 Floating)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Potential for Overtime
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues.
- Operate ready-mix concrete truck to deliver to construction sites, as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
- May add materials (fiber, color or other additives) to concrete mix
- Ensure quality of product delivered, slump, etc.
- Maintain communication with Dispatcher as necessary regarding deliveries. Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner, and obtain proper signatures as required.
- Rinse out drum and chutes, and dump slurry as required by established procedures.
- Collect money from customers and record transactions on customer receipt.
- Inform customers of new products or services. Listen to and communicate or resolve service complaints.
- Respond to customer questions related to basic product knowledge and basic concrete construction techniques. Tactfully inform customer of concrete working methods and improper forms as appropriate.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle, investigate abnormalities and perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
- Record sales and delivery information.
- Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment
- Current Class A or B CDL with self-certification of non-excepted interstate and current DOT medical card.
- Ability to operate manual transmission.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance and punctuality.
- Must pass pre-employment physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
- Demonstrates the ability to work overtime and weekends/holidays as needed.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
American Rock Products, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Sorry, this job is closed.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.