Truck Driver Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hood River, OR 97031, US
What You’ll Do
In this role, you’ll drive a company truck (dump truck, mixer truck, tanker, low boy and/or super dump) to job sites or company locations to deliver materials. Each day provides you with a different adventure. If you’re focused on the desire to learn and grow, work well independently with the support of a team, and are passionate about delivering high-quality products, you'll thrive on our truck driving team. By doing so, you’ll play an integral part as we stand together to reinvent the way our world is built.
- Have an unrestricted Class A CDL.
- Must obtain a current medical card.
- Demonstrates the ability to work overtime and weekends/holidays as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Must pass physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
- You are flexible to drive a variety of trucks and willing to be flexible with filling in where our team needs.
- You possess a strong desire to learn and grow.
- You shine in an organized and communicative environment.
- You want a career with expansive growth potential, and you’re motivated to learn the ins-and-outs of the business to watch your career soar. Once you've gained a solid understanding of our business, you'll have the opportunity to chart your career path. Whether you choose to specialize in a specific truck driving focus or explore opportunities across different departments, we empower you to take control of your career growth.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues.
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter, and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment. Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle, investigate abnormalities and perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
- Operate truck to deliver to construction sites as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
- Attach Mixer truck chutes to truck and add materials (fiber, color, or other additives) to drum.
- Attach hoses to truck with clamping system, open valves to discharge contents of tank, discharge the product into storage while observing the hose and connections to ensure there are no leaks or other hazards, return discharge hoses and fill caps to proper storage area.
- Maintain communication with Dispatcher as necessary regarding deliveries, check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner and obtain proper signatures as required.
- Respond to customer questions related to basic product knowledge and basic construction techniques.
- Maintain operator logs, forms, and records in accordance with company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Complete tablet report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel, detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Promptly communicate with supervisors on any flaws in material.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with 5% company match & profit sharing
- Potential for Overtime
- Home Every Night
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Hood River Sand, Gravel & Ready-Mix, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.