Truck Driver - Moab UMTRA Project Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Moab, UT 84532, US
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of end dumps and/or belly dumps (with and without pups) and related equipment to be operated.
- Can operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Must keep time and material records.
- Must follow verbal and written instruction.
- Knowledge of different types and sizes of aggregates.
- Ability for maneuvering and backing with pup trailer.
- Must be able to communicate effectively on the radio system.
- Connect and disconnect pup trailer.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid state commercial driver’s license (CDL) Class A with appropriate endorsements.
- Must possess a valid Medical Card as per DOT standard.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Incident free driving record preferred
- May be subject drug and alcohol, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
- Ability to communicate using two-way radio.
- Basic math
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Nielson Construction & Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.