Underground Utility Foreman Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Draper, UT 84020, US
Operations, Field & Plant Management
This is a skilled position requiring
• 5-10 years experience with underground utility experience with at least three years as a crew leader
• Ability to oversee up to a five man crew
• Valid driver license. CDL is a plus
• Organizational skills
• Ability to operate multiple pieces of heavy equipment
• Ability to read and understand plans & specifications
• Understanding of grade, slope, elevations and operation of various grade equipment (lasers, etc,)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Organize daily work on the assigned project and direct crew employees
• Be responsible for materials delivered to the project
• Keep time cards for employees and prepare daily reports
• Care of equipment and vehicle
• Some heavy lifting will be required
• Adherence, education & enforcement of company policy including safety
• Monitor job cost
• Perform other essential duties as assigned by supervisor
Ability to manage up to a five man crew installing underground utilities while adhering to company policy regarding equipment & safety
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate elevation and slope from construction stakes. Ability to calculate quantities of materials used on the job site.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, written or oral instructions
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Trenching/shoring competent person certification and OSHA 30 hour certification is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 10 to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
To perform the job successfully; an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Other Skills and Abilities
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Reynolds Excavation, Demolition & Utilities is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.