Utility Worker Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Claremore, OK 74017, US
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Safely and efficiently using welding tools, cuts, lays out, fits and welds sheet metal, other metal or alloyed metal parts to fabricate or repair equipment to operate effectively.
- Receive daily tasks from supervisor for specific projects or task of the day.
- Responsible for repair of equipment and plant maintenance using welding tools such as grinder, wire brushing, cutting torch or cutting disc.
- Fabricate necessary parts using welding machine or oxy-acetylene torch.
- Must lift varying weights occasionally, up to 100 lbs.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of welding equipment and supplies such as hand, power, and hydraulic tools.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections of the Weld Shop with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Assembles, sets up, adjusts, maintains, and repairs all types of crushing, conveying, screening and washing equipment.
- Will be required to change bearings, conveyor idlers, screens, headpulleys, tailpulleys, install and splice conveyor belts and make any other repairs as be needed.
- Use of tools such as wrench, screwdriver, hammer, saw, file/raps, drift pin, pry bar, sledge hammer, hoist, jack grinder, paint sprayer, press, cutting torch, pneumatic wrench and impact tools, gauges and measuring devices.
- Will be required to perform other tasks and jobs as needed on a daily basis to assure the safe and efficient operation of the quarry.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Reliable attendance is essential to performance in this role.
- Knowledgeable using welding tolls and cutting using an acetylene torch
- Mechanically minded to make repairs on a rock crushing plant.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to supervisor, and other employees of the organization.
- Climb: ascend/descend three point entries into cab of equipment and ladders.
- Lift: exertion of physical strength to move objects (0-50 lbs.) from one level to another.
- Carry: hold or rest weighted objects (up to 50 lbs.) directly on hands, arms, shoulders, or back while walking from one location to another.
- Bend: flexion of the upper trunk forward while standing and knees extended or knees flexed when sitting.
- Push/Pull: Exertion of force on or against object (50 lbs.) to move it from one location to another.
- Reach: extend the hands and arms in any direction.
- Kneel: maintain the body in an erect posture while resting body weight on one or both knees.
- Stoop: flexion of the upper body forward at the waist with partial flexion of the knee while standing.
- Twist: using hand tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers.
- Noise: sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to cause marked distraction or possible injury to sense of hearing.
- Fumes: vaporous emissions, usually odorous, thrown off as the result of combustion or chemical reaction.
- Gases: carbon monoxide and ozone.
- Dust: airborne particles of any kind such as dust.
- Hazards: closeness to moving mechanical parts; slipping while ascending/descending equipment cab; exposure to high temperatures during the summer and cold temperatures during the winter.
- Protection: required to wear hard hat, safety glasses (prescription or non-prescription) with side shields, safety vest, gloves, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection or appropriate respirators when required.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
APAC Central Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.