Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA 90058, US
Laborers and Production Workers
- Read blueprints and drawings and take measurements to plan layout and procedure
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up and determine components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Regular and predictable attendance safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
- Minimum 1-year experience in TIG and MIG welding on Aluminum, Stainless Steel and Brass
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees, peers, supervisors, vendors, and customer is an effective manner
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have problem-solving and reasoning skills
- Ability to perform basic math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and computing rates and ratios
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to work independently
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.
Who We Are
Get what you want out of life with a global company building the world Imagine leveraging your military background and experience at a company that is building the world’s largest bridges, highways and skyscrapers.
We’re hiring the next generation of plant managers, engineers and operations experts.